Never eat a plain grilled chicken breast again… unless you want to, then do! But if you want an excellent way to take your grilled chicken to the next level this recipe for Grilled Chicken & Vegetables with Horseradish Cream Sauce is for you…
Grilled Chicken & Vegetables with Horseradish Cream Sauce is a great all-in-one dinner. The grilled chicken pairs perfectly with the Horseradish Cream Sauce. The grilled vegetables make a delicious side dish that, by the way, taste awesome dipped in the sauce.
The Horseradish Cream Sauce is a little spicy from the horseradish and super creamy and savory from the greek yogurt and mayonnaise. The mustard gives the sauce a vinegar tang that balances all the flavors.
How to Make Grilled Chicken & Vegetables with Horseradish Cream Sauce
This recipe starts with fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts, no marinating, waiting, or planning required. These are the kind of recipes that go into heavy rotation at my house.
Prep the grill to get grillin’.
Prep the Chicken
Back in the kitchen simply season the chicken breast with olive oil, lawrys season salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Prep the Veggies
Cut the veggies into large chunks (1-2 inches) and skewer. If you are using wooden skewers make sure to soak them in water for 20 minutes so they don’t burn on the grill. I like to use metal skewers, like these here, to eliminate the extra step. Season the veggies with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder (optional **smoked paprika).
Grill the chicken and the vegetable skewers on the grill until the chicken reaches 165 degrees internal temperature and the veggies are just starting to char around the edges and become crisp-tender. You can find some great tips on grilling chicken breasts here.
While the chicken and veggies are grilling, whisk together all the Horseradish Cream Sauce ingredients.
Pull the grilled vegetables off the skewers and place them around a serving platter. Put the chicken breasts in the center and pour some of the horseradish cream sauce over the top of the hot chicken breasts. The heat from the chicken will “melt” the sauce over top. If there is extra sauce place it on the table for serving.
Grilled Chicken & Vegetables with Horseradish Cream Sauce for Dinner
To keep this dinner easy you can just serve the chicken and vegetables with horseradish cream sauce and no extra side dish. This also makes it a great low carb dinner option.
If you want another side dish to serve, a store-bought couscous is a super easy option. You can find couscous in the aisle with the rice and grains. You can choose a flavors that your family will like. I would probably pick a roasted garlic couscous or a rosemary & olive oil couscous.
Variations on Grilled Chicken & Vegetables with Horseradish Cream Sauce
This is a super flexible dinner recipe. There are lots of ways you can change up this recipe to fit what your family likes, or by using what is in your fridge, or buying what is on sale at the grocery store!
I would keep the recipe for the Horseradish Cream Sauce the same. But here are some other ideas to get you started:
- Grill steaks instead of chicken. Beef pairs really well with the Horseradish Cream Sauce.
- I can’t eat fish… but I think shrimp skewers would be a great option too.
- Change up the veggies for what is in season or what your family loves: asparagus, mushrooms, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, yellow squash, peppers, onions, or brussel sprouts.
Dinner on the Grill
If you love this grilled chicken recipe, here are a few other Mom’ Dinner recipes to check out:
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Mango Jalapeno BBQ Sauce
- Chili Lime Turkey Burgers
- Simple Grilled Pork Chops with Apple Dijon Glaze
- Bacon Jam & Blue Cheese Burgers
Grilled Chicken and Veggies with Horseradish Cream Sauce Recipe
Grilled Chicken & Vegetables with Horseradish Cream Sauce
- 4 fresh, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- Lawrys season salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
Horseradish Cream Sauce
- 4 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tsp whole grain mustard or stone ground mustard
- 3 tsp grated horseradish (store-bought)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 bell peppers (red, green, yellow, or orange)
- 1 zuchinni
- 1 medium yellow onion
- olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, (optional **smoked paprika)
- Prep the grill
- Season the chicken breasts with olive oil and listed seasonings.
- Cut all veggies into large 1-2 inch chunks. Thread onto skewers and season with olive oil and listed seasonings. Kitchen Tip: If you are using wooden skewers soak them in water for 20 minutes before adding the veggies, so they do not burn on the grill.
- Grill the chicken until it is cooked thru and has an internal temp of 165 degrees at the thickest part. (I like to cook my chicken about 7 minutes on the first side, and 6 minutes on the second side. Then let it rest 5 minutes before serving )Grill the vegetable skewers until they begin to char around the edges and become crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile whisk together all the ingredients for the Horseradish Cream Sauce. Set aside
- Place all the grilled veggies on a serving platter (on or off the skewers). Place the chicken breasts on the serving platter and pour the Horseradish Cream Sauce over top of the chicken. Use your desired amount of sauce. If you have extra, place on the table for serving.