This is a delicious Strawberry Basil Margarita Recipe that is a perfect combination of fresh strawberries, basil, tequila, agave, and Cointreau. It is a great tequila cocktail to have when strawberries are ripe and in season!
It is also a great margarita to make when you want something different than a traditional lime margarita.
More Margarita Recipes
Strawberry Basil Margarita Recipe
Prep Glass – Salt Rim
- Place a few tablespoons of kosher salt on a flat plate.
- Grab a rocks size glass, 8-10 oz in size. Run a lime around the rim of the glass OR dip in a little agave.
- Dip the rim of the glass in kosher salt so it adheres.
- Fill with ice, set aside.
Strawberry Basil Margarita
- Place two strawberries (stems removed) into a cocktail shaker. Muddle the strawberries completely. Add the basil leaves and bruise them without crushing them completely.2 fresh, ripe strawberries, 2 basil leaves
- Add a few cubes of ice and the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and agave.1.5 oz silver tequila, .5 oz Cointreau, .5 oz fresh lime juice, .25 light agave syrup
- Pop the lid on and shake for 20-30 seconds.
- Strain into a prepared glass, letting some of the strawberry pulp pass through.
- Top with soda water or club soda.1.5 oz soda water
- Garnish with lime, strawberry or basil.
- SWEET- Do a 50/50 mix of salt and sugar for a sweeter rim.
- LIME – Add some lime zest to the kosher salt.
- BASIL – Place the kosher salt in a blender and add a few leaves of basil. Pulse a few times for a basil salt.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.