Christmas Hug Cookies are delicious little one or two bite treats made with 3 simple ingredients – Hershey hugs, pretzels, and M&M’s! This is such an easy Holiday cookie that the kids can definitely get involved. It is the perfect sweet and salty, crunchy and creamy treat.
They make a great sweet for a Holiday cookie swap.
You only need 3 ingredients for this recipe:
- Pretzels – grab any salty pretzel shape that you like. During the holidays you can even find snowflake shaped pretzels in some stores!
- Hershey Hugs – the hugs are white chocolate and dark chocolate stripped kisses.
- M&M’s – I like to grab the red and green holiday bags for this recipe.
You can snack on all the leftover ingredients. If you have a lot of pretzels you could make these yummy peanut butter pretzel chocolate chips cookies!
How to Make Christmas Hug Cookies
Star by preheating your oven to 200 degrees and prepping a baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silpat.
Lay the pretzels out so they are now overlapping.
Pop a Hershey Hug on top of each pretzel.
Bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes, just until the hugs are shiny and soft, but NOT melting.
Grab the pan out of the oven and press an M&M in the top of each chocolate.
If the pan is cool enough pop it in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes to help the chocolate set.
Serve up your Christmas Hug Cookies! They go fast!
You can make these about a week ahead during the busy holidays! Just keep them in the fridge in an airtight container until you are ready to eat them or give them as a treat.
Free Gift Printable
If you are giving these as an edible gift print this cute free gift tag to attach:
I recommend printing it on a card stock or firmer paper so you can cut them out and have them stand nicely on the package. Also, print in color : )
More Christmas Treats
Christmas Hug Cookie
- 30 Pretzels mini classic pretzel shape, or mini squares, snowflakes if you can find them!
- 30 Hershey Hugs
- 30 M&M's holiday colors!
- Preheat the oven to 200° and line a baking sheet with parchment or reusable silpat.
- Lay the pretzels out on the baking sheet so they are not overlapping.
- Top each pretzel with an unwrapped Hershey Hug.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes. They should just be shiny and soft, not melted.
- Press 1 M&M into the top of each Hershey Hug.
- Pop the whole tray into the fridge for about 15-20 mins to let the chocolate set.
- Enjoy this sweet holiday treat! They go fast!
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
Check this recipe out on my Google Web Stories too!!