Christmas Hug Cookies are delicious little one or two bite treats made with 3 simple ingredients – Hershey hugs, pretzels, and M&M’s! This is such an easy Holiday cookie that the kids can definitely get involved. It is the perfect sweet and salty, crunchy and creamy treat.
They make a great sweet for a cookie swap!
If you love this easy dessert recipe you will also love these Pretzel Turtles, another easy 3 ingredient recipe.
You only need 3 ingredients for this recipe:
- Pretzels – grab any salty pretzel shape that you like. During the holidays you can even find snowflake shaped pretzels in some stores!
- Hershey Hugs – the hugs are white chocolate and dark chocolate stripped kisses.
- M&M’s – I like to grab the red and green holiday bags for this recipe.
You can snack on all the leftover ingredients. If you have a lot of pretzels you could make these yummy peanut butter pretzel chocolate chips cookies!
How to Make Christmas Hug Cookies
Star by preheating your oven to 200 degrees and prepping a baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silpat.
Lay the pretzels out so they are now overlapping.
Pop a Hershey Hug on top of each pretzel.
Bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes, just until the hugs are shiny and soft, but NOT melting.
Grab the pan out of the oven and press an M&M in the top of each chocolate.
If the pan is cool enough pop it in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes to help the chocolate set.
Serve up your Christmas Hug Cookies! They go fast!
You can make these about a week ahead during the busy holidays! Just keep them in the fridge in an airtight container until you are ready to eat them or give them as a treat.
Free Gift Printable
If you are giving these as an edible gift print this cute free gift tag to attach:
I recommend printing it on a card stock or firmer paper so you can cut them out and have them stand nicely on the package. Also, print in color : )
Christmas Hug Cookie Recipe
Christmas Hug Cookie
- 30 Pretzels mini classic pretzel shape, or mini squares, snowflakes if you can find them!
- 30 Hershey Hugs
- 30 M&M's holiday colors!
- Preheat the oven to 200° and line a baking sheet with parchment or reusable silpat.
- Lay the pretzels out on the baking sheet so they are not overlapping.
- Top each pretzel with an unwrapped Hershey Hug.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes. They should just be shiny and soft, not melted.
- Press 1 M&M into the top of each Hershey Hug.
- Pop the whole tray into the fridge for about 15-20 mins to let the chocolate set.
- Enjoy this sweet holiday treat! They go fast!
Check this recipe out on my Google Web Stories too!!