Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is an incredibly easy soup recipe. It is literally a dump and start recipe- no sauteing, no browning, or searing. Pop all the ingredients in the Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker and start it up. With an 8 minute cook time it is ready in under 30 minutes!
This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is full tender carrots, celery, and onions mixed in an intensely flavored chicken broth seasoned with chicken base, turmeric, onions powder and a bay leaf. The chicken poaches perfectly in the broth and the frozen egg noodles cook up thick & hearty with just the right bite.
This is an intensely flavored soup recipe! It will be your new go-to Instant Pot Chicken Soup recipe. (No Instant Pot- not a problem! Check out these recipes here.)
Dump & Start Instant Pot Recipe
Have you ever heard of “dump and start” instant pot recipes? They make dinner time super easy. It means that you are not having to saute, brown, or sear anything before you start cooking.
In this chicken noodle soup recipe you simply chop the veggies and then layer everything in the pot and start it up!
The secret to getting really amazing flavor into the broth of this chicken noodle soup is chicken base. If you are not familiar with this product it is similar to bouillon but twice as potent!
It comes in a paste form, usually in a glass or plastic jar. You can find it in the soup aisle in your local grocery store. I use the Better Than Bouillon brand.
Do not skip this ingredient! It makes a huge flavor difference.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Since this is a “dump and start” Instant Pot recipe the only prep is in chopping the veggies and cutting the chicken. The rest of the work is done by pressure cooking. Let’s get started:
Layer these ingredients in your Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker in this order:
- All the cut veggies: onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. It is ok if they are all mixed together.
- All the seasonings: turmeric, onion powder, salt, pepper, chicken base, and a bay leaf.
- Add a 12 oz bag of frozen egg noodles. I use Reames Frozen Egg Noodles.
- Lay the quartered chicken breasts on top of the egg noodles.
- Pour in 2 quarts of chicken stock or broth.
- Pop the lid on the pot and lock the pressure vent to seal. Set to cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Do a 5 minute natural release, and then release the remaining pressure with a quick release.
- Take out the 8 pieces of chicken and chop or shred (they will be yellow on the outside from the turmeric). Add back to the pot.
- Stir & serve!
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes
If you don’t have an Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker but still want to make this recipe I will direct you to this recipe for Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. It is similar but it is made on the stove top.
Now if you are feeding super picky kids (or adults) that don’t want any onions or green things in their soup, then I recommend you check out this recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup for Kids.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup – Dump and Start
- 1 yellow or white onion diced
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp chicken base I use Better Than Bouillon Brand
- 12 oz frozen egg noodles I use Reames
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts about 2 chicken breasts – quartered
- 2 quarts chicken stock or broth
- Dump the ingredients in this order in your Instant Pot:Cut veggies (3 celery stalks, 2 cups carrots, 1 onion, 3 garlic cloves)Seasonings (1/2 tsp each: turmeric, onion powder, and black pepper, 1 tsp kosher salt, 1 bay leaf)1 tbsp Chicken base12 oz bag frozen egg noodles2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, each cut into quarters2 quarts chicken broth.
- Pop the lid on and set the Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker to cook on pressure mode, high for 8 minutes. Do a 5 minute natural release and then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Take the chicken out and shred or dice it. Add it back to the pot. Give it a stir and serve!