These easy drop biscuits are done in a flash, no rolling or kneading required, just about 15-20 minutes from start to finish! The recipe is as easy as mixing 5 ingredients, popping them in a muffin tin and baking for 10 minutes. You get tender and buttery biscuits with a little crisp to the outside.
This recipe will make 12 biscuits.
These drop biscuits make a great accompaniment to this recipe for Chicken and Biscuits.
If you are looking for a biscuit recipe using bisquick, check out these cheddar garlic biscuits.
This is a great biscuit recipe to have around when you don’t have any bisquick or can’t make a trip to the store. You probably already have all the ingredients:
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- cold butter
How to Make Easy Drop Biscuits
This is NOT an overly complicated or difficult recipe. Even if you do not consider yourself a “baker” you can successfully make these biscuits!
Start by preheating your oven to 450 degrees. Also prep a muffin tin by greasing the cups with spray or oil. You can also drop these onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
In a bowl of a stand mixer (you can also use a hand mixer), sift together the 2 cups flour and 2 1/2 tsp baking powder. Add 1 tsp salt, 1 cup milk, and 1/4 cup butter that has been cut into smaller pea sized pieces.
Using the paddle attachment (or beaters of a hand mixer) blend together the dough just until it comes together. Overmixing will cause your biscuits to be tough.
With wet hands or a spoon (the dough will be sticky), drop the dough into your muffin tin. It should make about 12 small/medium drop biscuits.
Bake for 10 minutes. Using a fork pop the biscuits out of the muffin tin and cool for a minute or two, then serve!
Easy Drop Biscuit Recipe
Easy Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter cut into pea sized pieces
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 450° and prep a 12 count muffin tin by greasing the cup with spray or oil.(could also use a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat)
- Sift together the 2 cups all purpose flour and 2 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (or a bowl with a hand mixer) combine all the ingredients- the sifted flour and baking powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 cup milk, 1/4 cold butter. Mix just until the dough comes together. Overmixing will cause your biscuits to be tough.
- With wet hands or a spoon (the dough will be sticky) drop the dough into the muffin tin. You should have 12 biscuits.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Using a fork, pop the biscuits out of the muffin tin and serve!
- We like to serve these with butter, honey, or jam.