This is the moist and delicious banana bread recipe that you have been looking for. You can even mix this one by hand, no need to get out that big mixer! It is also a great recipe to use up those over-ripe bananas that nobody ate through the week.
This is such an easy recipe that even if you don’t consider yourself a “baker” you can make this! I call that a foolproof recipe.
How to Speed Up Ripening Bananas
You may even want to buy some extra bananas to over-ripen just for this recipe! To speed up the ripening process you can place your bananas in a paper bag with the top folded over to trap in the ripening gases.
If you already have one or two overripe bananas place those in the bag too. This will increase the amount of gas (ethylene) needed to ripen the bananas. You could also add an apple if you do not have additional ripe bananas.
This recipe for Banana Bread Pancakes is also a GREAT way to use up those ripe bananas.
Banana Bread Ingredients
You probably have most of these banana bread ingredients on hand already! The only thing you need to do now is make sure you have some REALLY ripe or over-ripened bananas that have started to brown and get really soft and sugary!
- 3-4 over-ripe soft bananas
- 1 stick room temp or softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
How to Make Easy Banana Bread
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a loaf pan by spraying it with baking spray or greasing it lightly with oil.
In a small bowl mash 3 bananas using the back of a fork.
In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
Stir in the mashed bananas, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and ½ teaspoon salt.
Place a mesh colander over the bowl and sift in 1 ½ cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon baking powder
Place in the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes, until cooked through. Insert a toothpick all the way into the center, if it comes out clean it is cooked through.
TIP: If the edges and top start to brown too much you can lightly tent some foil over the top of the banana bread for the last 10-15 minutes.
Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before turning it out.
Store any leftover banana bread at room temp either wrapped in foil or in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Yes, you can freeze your baked banana bread. Make sure it is completely cooled and wrap in plastic wrap, then place in a freezer baggie or freezer safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To thaw simply place the frozen bread on the counter at room temp for a couple hours.
More Bread Recipes
Subscribe To Stay Connected
Sign up for Mom’s Dinner Newsletter, delivered every Sunday morning, straight to your inbox. It includes all the new recipes, dinner ideas for the week, and kitchen tips and tricks.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°. Prep a loaf pan by spraying it with cooking spray or lightly coating it with oil.
- In a small bowl mash the bananas together using the back of a fork. Try to mash down all the chunks.3 over ripe bananas
- You can mix this batter completely by hand or use a mixer, up to you!!In a large bowl cream together ½ cup softened butter and 1 cup sugar, until it is completely combined. This may take a minute or two.½ cup butter (1 stick), 1 cup white sugar
- Stir in the mashed bananas, 2 eggs, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.2 eggs, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place a fine mesh colander over the bowl and sift the 1 ½ cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1 teaspoon baking powder into the batter.1 ½ cup all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Stir until all the flour is mixed in. Don't overmix or your bread will be tough.
- Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted all the way in the middle comes out clean (with no batter on it). If the top of the bread is getting too brown around the 40 minute mark, you can lightly tent foil over the top of the bread.
- Let it cool for about 5-10 minutes before trying to remove it from the pan.
- Store your cooled bread in an airtight container or wrapped in foil, at room temp, for up to 5 days.
- You can freeze your banana bread. Simply wrap it in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer bag or freezer safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw place the bread at room temp for a few hours.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.