Crescent Cinnamon Rolls are delicious homemade pastries made easily by using store bought crescent dough. This is a great 5 ingredient cinnamon roll recipe (including the frosting)! It is especially wonderful when you don’t have the time or energy to make your own cinnamon roll dough.
I love that this recipe only calls for 5 ingredients, including the frosting! You probably already have most of them in your pantry and fridge:
- crescent rolls
- brown sugar
- powdered sugar
Now, if you are looking at this recipe near Halloween, then check out this recipe for Halloween Cinnamon Rolls! Your kids will LOVE it!
How to Make Crescent Cinnamon Rolls Step-by-Step
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Grab a muffin tin and spray each cup with cooking spray or grease it with vegetable oil.
Open an 8 count tube of crescent dough. Try to pull the entire dough roll out without breaking it into triangles. You will use the dough as one sheet.
Pinch the perforated seams closed with your fingers.
In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
Sprinkle the cinnamon filling over the dough evenly. NOTE- you do not have to use all the filling.
Roll the dough up, over the filling, as tightly as you can.
You will now cut the cinnamon roll dough into 8 cinnamon rolls. Here is the best way to do it so that you end up with even cinnamon rolls:
Cut the roll in half. Cut the halves in half, you will now have 4 pieces. Cut each of the 4 piece in half, giving you a total of 8 cinnamon rolls.
Place the individual cinnamon rolls into the muffin tin, lightly pressing down on each one.
BAKING TIP: If you have empty cups in the muffin tin add a little water to those cups. This will help the cinnamon rolls bake evenly.
Bake for 10-11 minutes
While they bake make the frosting. Simply whisk together the 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 tbsp milk.
When they come out of the oven, drizzle with the frosting and serve!
Make Ahead Crescent Cinnamon Rolls
If you know you are going to have a hectic morning, you can make these cinnamon rolls a day in advance. Roll the dough, place uncooked cinnamon rolls in the muffin tin and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 1 day.
Remove and cook according to directions. You may need to add 1 minute to cook through.
Cinnamon Rolls for Dinner
If you are from the Midwest then you will probably know what I am talking about: Chili & Cinnamon Rolls! It is a funny combo but it is a delicious match of savory and sweet. If love cinnamon rolls and chili together, check out these two chili recipes:
Crescent Cinnamon Roll Recipe
Crescent Cinnamon Rolls
- Muffin Tin
- 1 tube 8 count crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup (scant) brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Cinnamon Roll Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Prepare a muffin tin with cooking spray or grease with vegetable oil.
- Open a can of store bought crescent dough and remove the dough in one piece.
- Unroll the dough in one sheet. Pinch the seams closed with your fingers.
- In a small bowl mix together the 1 tsp cinnamon and a scant 1/3 cup brown sugar. NOTE: you do not have to use all the filling! Use the amount you like.
- Sprinkle the dough evenly with the cinnamon sugar
- Roll the dough tightly over the cinnamon filling.
- Cut the dough roll into 8 even pieces:Cut the log in half. Cut each half in half (giving you 4 pieces). Cut each of the 4 pieces in half, giving you 8 equally sized rolls.
- Place the rolls into the muffin tin, lightly pressing the cinnamon rolls into the tin.BAKING TIP: If you have empty cups in the muffin tin add a little water to those cups. This will help the cinnamon rolls bake evenly.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Whisk together the 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 tbsp milk.Drizzle the frosting over the crescent cinnamon rolls and serve!
If you are planning a breakfast and need some other great breakfast recipes, here are a few to check out: