Another sheet pan dinner to keep your meal time easy! This delicious dinner comes together in 30 minutes and cooks up on one sheet pan.
Healthy boneless skinless chicken breasts, peppers, onion, tomatoes, and pinto beans are baked in the oven and then drizzled with a delicious cilantro lime vinaigrette.
This is a super versatile dinner. You can serve it as is with some chips and guacamole on the side, or scoop the chicken and veggies into flour tortillas and top with all your favorite burrito toppings: sour cream, avocado, salsa, hot sauce, or cheese.
This recipe for sheet pan chicken would also make an amazing rice bowl. Simply make some rice while the sheet pan dinner cooks in the oven. Portion the rice into bowls and top with the chicken and vegetables, then drizzle with the cilantro lime vinaigrette, a little salsa, and sour cream.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lunch Prep
This is a great recipe to make over the weekend when you have a little extra time and then portion into lunch size containers. It reheats perfectly and is a healthy and filling lunch.
I would even recommend adding a little rice to the bottom of the container and then filling it with the Chicken Fajita mixture and topping it off with a little salsa.
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grab a large sheet pan.
Wash and cut all the veggies into about 1 inch chunks:
- 3 Bell Peppers- any color
- 1 Yellow or Red Onion
Cut the chicken into a similar size, 1 inch chunks.
In a small mixing bowl or mason jar blend the spices together:
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t dried oregano
- ¾ t cumin powder
- ½ t salt
- ½ t onion powder
- black pepper to your taste
Place all the veggies and chicken onto the sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and then sprinkle the seasoning mixture over top. With clean hands toss everything together so that the seasoning coats all the chicken and vegetables.
Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile make the cilantro lime vinaigrette (warning… you may want to double this recipe- it’s SO good!). In a mason jar with a lid or a small mixing bowl add all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and shake the jar vigorously, or whisk if using a bowl.
- olive oil
- lime juice
- Dijon mustard
After the chicken and veggies have cooked for 20 minutes pull the pan out and give everything a toss with a spatula. Add the drained pinto beans and halved tomatoes to the pan. Pop it back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
Once the sheet pan comes out of the oven drizzle with the cilantro lime vinaigrette and serve!
What to Serve with Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Depending on how you are going to serve the chicken fajitas here are some ideas for a great Mexican Dinner:
Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas served over white rice or cilantro lime rice
- Toppings for the bowls: restaurant style salsa, pickled jalapenos, sour cream, cheese, lime wedges, pico de gallo, avocados
- Chips & Guacamole
- Rosemary Palomas
Chicken Fajitas in Tortillas
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Warm flour tortillas
- Mexican rice
- The Best 15-minute Refried Beans (I might make them with refried black beans & whole black beans since there are pinto beans in the sheet pan)
- Fresh Pineapple with Citrus Herb Glaze (*optional, but great if you are entertaining)
- Grapefruit Margaritas
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Chips & Restaurant Style Salsa
Chicken Fajita Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- 3 bell peppers, chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large yellow or red onion, chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks or strips
- 2 ½ tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon each: chili powder, dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon each: salt, cumin, onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 15.5 oz can whole pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grab a large sheet pan.
- In a small bowl or mason jar mix the seasonings: chili powder, oregano, salt, cumin, onion powder, black pepper. Set aside.
- Place the cut onions, peppers and chicken on the sheet pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle on the seasoning mixture. With clean hands, toss the pepper and chicken mixture so the seasonings and oil are distributed evenly.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the cilantro lime vinaigrette by placing all the ingredients into a mason jar (or bowl), pop the lid on and shake vigorously until the ingredients are emulsified together (or whisk if using a bowl). Set aside.
- Pull the sheet pan out of the oven and add the rinsed pinto beans and halved tomatoes, place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the sheet pan fajitas with the cilantro lime vinaigrette and serve.
Serving Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Options for serving:With flour tortillas and toppings (sour cream, guacamole, salsa, lettuce, cheese, jalapenos…)Over rice in a bowl, topped with fresh lime wedges, salsa, avocado…With chips, salsa, and guacamole
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.