Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t. Almond Joy’s got nuts, Mounds don’t.
Anyone remember that jingle?!
For this recipe I felt like a nut, because I love that salty almond flavor in my No Bake Almond Joy Cookies!
If you are reading this in real time than you know it is being published not too long after Halloween. I was a little afraid to post this recipe because after trick or treating on Halloween all the kids were giving me their Almond Joys.
I thought, Great!
Am I the only one who likes Almond Joy’s? Well, if that is the case, I guess I will be the only one to read or use or eat this recipe!
If you like a super sweet treat then you are going to love this recipe! They are made with 5 simple ingredients… mostly sweet.
- powder sugar
- flaked sweetened coconut
They are a great 3 bite cookie. You do not want to make them any bigger because they are so sweet. Three bites does the job!
Kid Friendly Cookie Recipe
If your kids like getting in the kitchen with you, this is a great recipe to make together.
It is easy to make and doesn’t require any special skills, just stirring, measuring, and pouring. All the things kids love to do.
How to Make No Bake Almond Joy Cookies
On the stove top or in the microwave melt the butter.
Add the coconut, powder sugar, and a pinch of salt to the butter and stir to combine.
Taking about 1 ½ teaspoons of coconut mixture at a time form small balls. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. You will end up with 12-15 cookies.
Take an almond, salted, unsalted, or raw (I like the salted almonds to add a little salty to all the sweet), and press one into the middle of each coconut ball.
Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, up to 2 days.
Melt the chocolate chips and dip the bottom of each cookie into the chocolate. Place back on the parchment lined cookie sheet and refrigerate for an additional 30 minutes. You can also drizzle the extra chocolate over the top of the cookies.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
I hope you give these No Bake Almond Joy Cookies a try in your kitchen!
SAVE THE NO BAKE ALMOND JOY COOKIE RECIPE HERE
No Bake Almond Joy Cookies
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- pinch of salt
- almonds oven roasted, salted, unsalted, or raw
- ½ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate morsels melted
- In a saucepan over medium low heat (or in the microwave), melt the butter.Off the heat stir in the powder sugar, coconut, and pinch of salt.
- Using clean hands form about 1 ½ teaspoon of coconut mixture into balls. Lightly press 1 almond into the center of the ball. Place on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet.Refrigerate for at least 1 hours, up to 2 days.
- Melt the chocolate chips, remove the almond joys from the fridge and dip the bottom of each cookie into the chocolate. You can also drizzle some over the top for extra decoration.Place back in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, for the chocolate to set up.
- Store in an air tight container, in the fridge, for up to a week.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
Can’t wait to try these might try peanut butter ,coconut,and almonds
I’m waiting for these to cool. The tastes I’ve had are delish! I didn’t have evaporated milk so I replaced that and a cup of sugar with a can of sweetened condensed milk, used Andes chips, vanilla pudding and white chocolate chips. I’m sure they are going to be excessively sweet but still good!
I do not see evaporated milk in the recipe
I didn’t either!!
Ummm, this recipe didn’t call for evap milk
Approximately How many cookies does this recipe make?
This should give you around 15 cookies.
Love that these are no bake! Would be fun to make with my kiddos during the break!
Love that these are no bake!! So perfect for this time of year!
It does make for a super easy dessert. Great for Holiday cookie exchanges!