These Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins are tender and sweet bite sized muffins full of chocolate chips. They make a great kid approved breakfast or afternoon snack. You could even serve them as a mini dessert instead of chocolate chip cookies.
My kids are obsessed with Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins. I know it is basically a cupcake, but if you call it a muffin it makes them breakfast appropriate! Right?!
How to Make Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins From Scratch
This recipe comes together pretty quickly, so start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. You will also want to grease, spray or line each cup of your mini muffin tin.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or if you are using a hand mixer, just use a large mixing bowl) add 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 tablespoon baking powder. Give it a little stir to combine.
In a separate bowl whisk together 1 cup milk, 2 eggs, and 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and blend just until it is combined. It may be a little lumpy- that is ok.
Pour in 1 cup mini chocolate chips and give it one last stir.
Divide the chocolate chip muffin batter in the mini muffin tin, filling each cup just about to the top. This recipe should make between 24-28 mini muffins.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Pop out of the muffin tin and cool on a cooling rack.
You can store your cooled mini muffins in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze your muffins! Just pop in the freezer in a freezer safe baggie for up to 3 months. Defrost in the microwave or just on the countertop before eating.
Mini Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- mini muffin tin
- stand mixer or hand held mixer
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil vegetable or canola
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips semi sweet
- oil, baking spray, or mini paper muffin liners
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Also prep a mini muffin tin by either spraying or greasing each cup, or lining each cup with a paper muffin liner.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the 2 cups all purpose flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tbsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt. Give it a little stir to combine.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together the 2 eggs, 1 cup milk, and 1/4 cup oil.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and blend just until it comes together, it may still be lumpy, that is ok.
- Stir or fold in the 1 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin cup just about to the top. Bake for 10-12 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes before eating.