We all love an easy dinner and we all want healthy dinners that taste great. Right!?
I’ve got you covered with this one pan recipe, Healthy BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner. It has tender chicken thighs roasted together with sweet potatoes, onions, brussel sprouts, and carrots.
After the veggies and chicken are roasted in the oven you drizzle everything with a homemade BBQ Vinaigrette that is out of this world.
What is a Sheet Pan Dinner?
If you are not familiar with the One Pan – Sheet Pan Dinner trend you need to jump on board asap!
A sheet pan dinner is a complete meal, all cooked together in the oven, on one sheet pan. It will usually include your protein, starch, and vegetable. Which makes your dinner time super easy.
If you love an easy one pan dinner you should also check out my One Skillet Dirty Rice & Beans.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Once you see how easy this is you will be searching for more one pan dinners like this awesome recipe for Italian Chicken, Green Beans and Potatoes or my Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies with Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette.
Chicken & Vegetables
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Process all the veggies and chicken.
- chicken thighs
- sweet potatoes
- brussel sprouts
Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper on a large sheet pan. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes give the veggies and chicken a toss with a spatula, then put it back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
While the chicken and vegetables cook, put together the BBQ Vinaigrette. (warning: you may want to double the BBQ Vinaigrette recipe… it is that good!)
Put all the vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar, if you do not have a mason jar (get some) you can also use a bowl and a whisk.
- your favorite store bought bbq sauce
- fresh garlic
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper
- brown sugar
- onion powder & chili powder
Now vigorously shake (or whisk) the vinaigrette for about a minute until all the ingredients are combined.
Drizzle the BBQ Vinaigrette over the chicken and veggies.
BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
BBQ Chicken & Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, each thigh cut into 8 pieces (about 3 chicken thighs)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large yellow or red onion, cut into about 16 pieces
- 20 fresh brussel sprouts, stem end trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup BBQ Sauce
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, fimly packed
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- pinch salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.Process the veggies and the chicken.Place the raw chicken and veggies on a large sheet pan. If you do not have a large sheet pan, or if the pan is too full, use 2 sheet pans. If your pan is too crowded your vegetables will steam instead of roasting.
- Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with olive oil. With clean hands toss the chicken and veggies to coat with the olive oil.Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the sheet pan dinner in the oven and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- Then, toss the veggies and then place back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the BBQ Vinaigrette over the chicken and vegetables and serve warm.
- While the sheet pan dinner is cooking make the BBQ Vinaigrette.Add all the ingredients to a mason jar. Pop the lid on and shake it vigorously until all the ingredients are combined. If you do not have a mason jar you can whisk everything together in a bowl.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
This was very good!!! The bbq vinaigrette was delicious. We will make this many times in the future. Thank you for the recipe.
Delicious and everyone loved it! Thanks for sharing.
I am ALL about sheet pan dinners!! That BBQ vinaigrette sounds YUMMMM
me too! It makes dinner time super easy.
So easy! Making this next week!!
Great!!! Let me know how it turns out
I loved this dinner! It was healthy but you wouldn’t know it from tasting it. Awesome recipe!
It was SO good! I enjoyed every bite…although next time I will double the BBQ Vinaigrette recipe
Susie this is such an awesome recipe! That bbq vinaigrette sounds incredible. I am always looking for healthy weekday meals to bring to work with me – this is perfect! Pinned!
It is SOOOOOOOO good reheated. I ate the leftovers just the other day and was sad when I took the last bite- I wanted more!