Creamy Chicken and Noodles is made with thick homestyle egg noodles and tender chicken mixed in a cream sauce and seasoned with spices and herbs. This is comfort food at it finest! This dish is great served with vegetables over top or keep it simple with just the cream, noodles, and chicken and serve some veggies on the side.
Excellent Recipe for Rotisserie Chicken
If you like to pick up a rotisserie chicken to make dinner easy, and then aren’t sure what to make with it, this is going to be one of your go-to recipes.
The juicy tender rotisserie chicken goes perfectly in this recipe AND makes dinner prep so much faster. Simply chop or shred both breasts and that should give you plenty of chicken for this creamy chicken and egg noodle recipe (about 3+ cups).
Noodles for Creamy Chicken & Noodles
There is only one type of noodle I recommend for this recipe and it is the frozen homestyle egg noodles. I also use them in my chicken noodle soup recipe because they are so good!
In this recipe I use Reames Frozen Homestyle Egg Noodles, but if you can find a store brand equivalent, that will definitely work too!
How to Make Creamy Chicken and Noodles
Start by shredding or chopping 3 cups of cooked chicken. If you are using a rotisserie chicken, start with both breasts and that should be plenty. I like larger pieces of shredded chicken. I think it goes nicely, texture-wise, with the egg noodles. Set the chicken aside.
Now, cook/boil those delicious frozen egg noodles according to package instructions. Reames noodles are boiled then simmered in water for 20 minutes. Drain the noodles and get ready to assemble the dish.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cooked egg noodles to the pan and toss to coat them with the butter. Now add the italian dressing mix packet, 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, and 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese. Stir to mix everything together.
Simmer over medium low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring often, until the cream is thickened.
Time to eat! (Unless you want to add some veggies, see below)
If you want to add mixed veggies into your chicken and noodles it makes a great creamy chicken and noodles “casserole”.
Simply thaw a cup or so of frozen mixed veggies and stir them in. If you add the veggies make sure you taste to see if you need additional salt, then serve!
This recipe is best served immediately, it is not a good recipe to make ahead.
Creamy Chicken and Noodles Recipe
Creamy Chicken and Noodles
- 12 oz package frozen egg noodles (Reames Homestyle Frozen Egg Noodles, or brand similar)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped rotisserie chicken is great in this recipe!
- 0.7 oz packet Italian Dressing & Recipe Mix ( dry seasoning packet, see photo in notes)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen mixed veggies thawed
- Cook the frozen egg noodles according to package instructions. Drain.12 oz package frozen egg noodles
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter and then add the noodles to the pan. Stir to coat the noodles with the butter.2 tablespoon butter
- Add the shredded cooked chicken, Italian Season Packet, 2 cups of cream, and 1 cup shredded parmesan. Lightly simmer over medium/medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, until the cream thickens.3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped, 0.7 oz packet Italian Dressing & Recipe Mix ( dry seasoning packet, see photo in notes), 2 cups heavy whipping cream, 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, Additional salt and pepper to taste
- At this point you can serve the creamy chicken and noodles as is, or you can stir in the thawed mixed veggies. If you add the veggies, taste the dish for additional seasoning (salt and pepper).1 cup frozen mixed veggies
- Serve immediately. This dish is best served right away and not made ahead.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.