Do you have 5 minutes? Do you have a pantry? Well, then this recipe is just for you!
5-minute Tomato Basil Pantry Soup is just that… a recipe that only takes 5 minutes and all the ingredients can be found in the pantry. How easy is that!?
All you need to grab is a can of tomato soup, a jar of marinara, a can of evaporated milk, and a few spices from your spice cabinet.
You end up with a thick and velvety tomato soup that seems like it was made with heavy whipping cream. It is spiced just right with garlic, pepper flakes, and basil. Then the marinara adds just the right hint of Italian flavors without chopping garlic and onions and simmering all day!
Now if you would rather make this recipe with whole milk, pop over to this recipe for Crazy Easy Tomato Basil Soup.
Homemade Garlic Croutons
I love the Garlic Crouton garnish on this dish. You know what I made mine with- hot dog buns. Yep! We keep it real fancy around here. What can I say, it’s what I had and it works! You can really use any thick bread that you have in your pantry- hamburger buns, baguettes, ciabatta bread, hot dog buns. They all work. It’s the seasoning and oil that makes them yummy.
You simply pour a few tablespoons of oil on the cubed bread, sprinkle with the seasoning & spices, and throw them in the oven for 3 minutes. They are the perfect garnish to the 5-Minute Tomato Basil Pantry Soup.
Perfect Camping Soup
This would make a killer soup to have while camping! All the ingredients are transportable without refrigeration. Just remember to make the croutons ahead of time!
You just need a can opener, a pot, a spoon, and a campfire.
Tomato Basil Soup for Dinner
This is the recipe that you need on a busy weeknight when your fridge is empty and everyone is starving!
You can pull this soup together in 5 minutes, make a couple grilled cheese sandwiches or a salad and you are the dinner winner!
5-Minute Tomato Basil Pantry Soup
- 15 oz can condensed tomato soup
- 12¾ oz can evaporated milk
- ⅓ heaping cup marinara
- ½ teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- thick bread cut into 1″ cubes (can even be hot dog buns!)
- olive oil
- dried basil, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- In a pot whisk all ingredients together and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the oven to Broil
- Place the bread cubes on a foil lined sheet pan. Pour a few tablespoons of oil over the bread and toss with clean hands to coat. Sprinkle with the herbs and spices and toss to distribute evenly. Place in the oven for 1.5 minutes, flip the croutons, put back in the oven for an additional 1.5 minutes. Garnish bowls of soup with desired amount of croutons. (you desire a lot of croutons, trust me)
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.