Teriyaki Beef Noodles is an amazing recipe to make in the Instant Pot. Rice noodles and tender beef are coated in an amazing Sweet & Spicy Teriyaki Sauce from Insta-Meals, then it is loaded with veggies that are cooked to tender-crisp perfection! This is a perfect Asian Instant Pot recipe to make for dinner.
You will also love this recipe because it is an all-in-one pan dinner. It has your starch, protein and veggie all in one, no need to make any extra side dishes. Winning!!
Instant Pot Sauces
I have partnered with Insta-Meal Sauces on this post. All opinions are my own! This post also contains affiliate links.
You know I have always loved my Instant Pot! So I was EXTRA excited when I found out there was a bottled sauce that is made specifically for your Instant Pot! (bonus Insta-Meal is a family owned, KC local company)
If you love to use your Instant Pot then you should definitely check out these sauces. They take the guesswork out of using sauces and liquids in your Instant Pot.
They are huge time savers not only in the kitchen, but also at the grocery store. Instead of buying 7 extra ingredients to make an Instant Pot Teriyaki sauce, everything you need is already in the bottle for you! And they taste AMAZING!!
Their sauces come in 3 flavors:
You can check out some other wonderful recipe using the sauces here: Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili, Instant Pot Taco Pasta
You can buy these sauces in a 3 pack or individually, and if you have Amazon Prime, they will be to your house in no time! Click the links above to purchase on Amazon (affiliate link)
How to Cut Flank Steak for Teriyaki Beef Noodles
Let’s start by talking about how to cut your flank steak. This is CRUCIAL to being able to chew through your steak. Look at the steak and notice the way the grain is running (it will look like lines in the steak). It is most likely running from end to end, lengthwise.
First, cut the flank steak in half WITH the grain. This will give you two long pieces of steak. Then you will want to cut it into smaller strips ACROSS the grain, this is the most important part. (If you reverse these steps, you will never be able to chew through your steak!)
See the picture below for example:
How to Make Teriyaki Beef Noodles in the Instant Pot
Set your Instant Pot to saute mode, once it reads HOT, add a little oil to the pot and brown the flank steak strips in 2-3 batches, so as not to crowd the pot.
Deglaze the hot, empty pot by pouring all the water in and scraping up any browned bits from the bottom (keep them in there, that is flavor!). Turn off saute mode.
Add the rice noodles to the pot. I use the Thai Kitchen Rice Noodles- see below:
Lightly shake the noodles into the water in the pot. Make sure not to press the noodles too hard, you do not want them to burn to the bottom of the pot. Lightly place the browned flank steak on top of the noodles, and pour the entire bottle of Insta-Meal Sweet & Spicy Teriyaki sauce over the flank steak and noodles.
Place the lid on the pot and lock the pressure valve to “seal”, set to cook on pressure mode, on high, for 10 minutes.
After the cooking time do a quick release of pressure.
Quickly remove the lid and add in the veggies (peppers, green onions, zucchini, and water chestnuts). Give the noodles, beef, and veggies a stir and place the lid back on, turn the pressure valve to seal again. You are simply going to soften all the veggies with the remaining heat in the pot. You will NOT turn your pot back on at this point. Keep the lid on for 5-7 minutes. You may need to do another small pressure release before opening the pot again.
If the sauce thickened too much you can add a little water at a time until it is the consistency you like. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro and serve!
I hope you give this recipe for Instant Pot Teriyaki Beef Noodles a try in your kitchen.
Instant Pot Teriyaki Beef Noodle Recipe
Instant Pot Teriyaki Beef Noodles
- 1 T olive oil
- 1-1 ½ lbs. flank steak cut in half, then cut in strips against the grain!!
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 12 oz bottle Insta-Meal Sweet & Spicy Teriyaki Sauce
- 8-10 oz rice noodles I use Thai Kitchen Rice Noodles
- 1 fresh bell pepper, sliced any color
- 1 medium sized zucchini, sliced into bite size strips
- 6 green onions, white and light green parts
- 8 oz whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- fresh cilantro, chopped as garnish and flavor!!!!
- OPTIONAL ** lime wedges
- Set the Instant Pot to saute mode, once it reads HOT, saute/brown the beef in 2-3 batches in the oil, just until browned. You do not need to cook the beef through.Pour the water into the empty, hot pot, and deglaze the bottom, scraping up any browned bits (leave those in the pot, that is flavor!)
- Add the noodles to the pot. Lightly shake the noodles so they are mostly in the water, or at least touching the water. Be careful not to PRESS the noodles too much. You do not want them to burn on the bottom of the pot!
- Place the browned flank steak pieces on top of the noodles. Pour the entire bottle of Sweet & Spicy Teriyaki Sauce over the beef and noodles. Place the lid on the pot and turn the pressure vent to seal. Set the Instant Pot to cook on pressure mode, on high, for 10 minutes.
- After the cooking time is completed, do a quick release.
- Quickly add all the veggies (peppers, zucchini, green onions, water chestnuts), and give the pot a stir.Place the lid back on the pot, close the pressure vent, letting the residual heat of the pot slightly soften the veggies for 5 minutes. You will not be turning the pot back on.You may need to do a little release of pressure to open the pot.
- Serve the Teriyaki Beef Noodles garnished with lots of fresh cilantro, and lime wedges (if using). If the sauce thickened quite a bit during cooking, add a couple tablespoons of water to the noodles before serving, this will loosen the sauce a little.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
Like several others, I ran into a burn problem immediately. There simply isn’t enough water to keep the noodles afloat and keep them from sticking to the bottom of the pan and burning, and that was *after* I added an extra 3/4 of a cup. Very disappointed.
Tried two nights in a row to make this, the noodles burn to the bottom of the pot, there wasn’t enough liquid for the instant pot to seal and pressure cook, I wasted two bags of noodles, two bottles of sauce and 4 pounds of meat trying to make this dish. I am not new to the instant pot or cooking. This is a bad recipe!
Worst instant pot recipe I’ve ever used. It burnt half my noodles in less than 2 mins it didn’t even have the chance to get all the way hot.
I tried to make this recipe and when I tried to cook it all I kept getting was burn notices. So I gave up and finished cooking it on the stove. I followed the recipe exactly as the recipe said, so I don’t know what happened. Was amazing otherwise, I just will not cook it in the instant pot again.
I made this tonight with a regular teriyaki sauce from Trader Joe’s – I kept the proportions mainly the same and it turned out great.
Good to know!!! Tell me about the teriyaki sauce? Is it one of their simmer sauces?
OMG I think i could probably eat seven bowls of this stuff. That sauce looks amazing.
It is so good.. a little spicy and a little sweet!
Yum!! This looks delish- love all the colors. I need to find that Tangy Buffalo sauce asap!
I need to try those sauces!!
This recipe is a six out if five star recipe. I could eat this for weeks in a row! YUM!