Instant Pot Chunky Applesauce is some of the best and easiest homemade applesauce you will make. Chunks of fresh apples are cooked to the perfect consistency with a little lemon juice and cinnamon right in your electric pressure cooker for 5 minutes!
This Instant Pot Apple Sauce recipe only requires 5 simple ingredients:
- lemon juice
It is a great way to use up apples that are starting to go soft or that look terrible so your picky kids won’t eat them!
This would make an amazing side dish for Instant Pot Pork Roast!
What Apples to Use
When I have made this recipe I have used Honeycrisp apples that had gone a little soft.
You can also use Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Fuji… really any apple you have will work. I have also read that using multiple varieties makes the best applesauce!
How to Make Instant Pot Chunky Applesauce
This is such an easy recipe for applesauce, the hardest part is peeling the apples!
Start by washing peeling and coring your apples. Then cut them into 1 1/2 to 2 inch chunks.
Place them in the Instant Pot, pour 1/3 cup water over the apples. Add in 1 tsp fresh lemon juice, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (can use more for a stronger cinnamon flavor), and a pinch of salt.
Pop the lid on and set your pot to cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. At the end do a quick release.
The apples should have broken down to a perfect chunky consistency during cooking.
Give it a stir and taste. Sometimes we like a little extra sweetness by adding 2 tsp brown sugar or honey.
Store any leftover Instant Pot Applesauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week!
You can also freeze completely cooled applesauce in a freezer safe baggie or container for up to 3 months. Only fill your bags about 1/2 way full to allow for expansion during freezing.
Instant Pot Chunky Applesauce Recipe
Instant Pot Chunky Apple Sauce
- Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker
- 3 lbs apples I used honey crisp but any kind will work.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon extra for a stronger cinnamon flavor
- pinch of salt
- OPTIONAL for more sweetness: 2 tsp brown sugar or honey added after cooking
- Wash, peel and core your apples. Cut them into 1 1/2 to 2 inch chunks.
- Place the 3 lbs cut apples, 1/3 cup water, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of salt into the Instant Pot.
- Pop the lid on and turn the pressure valve to seal.
- Set to cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Stir your applesauce and taste. If you like a little more sweetness you can add 2 tsp brown sugar or honey.