Instant Pot Beef Ramen is a quick and easy weeknight dinner that your family will love, especially if you are craving some yummy Asian inspired food! Start by making a delicious ginger and sesame sauce in the pot, add the sliced beef and broken ramen noodles. Pop the lid on for 1 minutes! Finish by adding frozen broccoli that warms through in the pot and your beef and broccoli ramen dinner is ready!
If you love this Instant Pot recipe then I would also recommend trying this Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto and Instant Pot Coq Au Vin. Both have amazing flavor (like this ramen recipe) and are made right in your Instant Pot!
If you are looking for a chicken ramen this Instant Pot Chicken Ramen Recipe from Fox and Briar looks great too!
Ingredients & Supplies
Here are the things that you need to make Instant Pot Beef Ramen:
- 6-8qt Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker
- vegetable oil
- 1 lb. flank steak (up to 1.5 lbs.)
- yellow or white onion
- fresh ginger
- beef broth
- low sodium soy sauce
- toasted sesame oil
- oyster sauce (I PROMISE it doesn’t taste like oysters!!)
- Sambal Oelek (Asian chili paste)
- brown sugar
- 3 packages ramen noodles (any flavor will work because you do not use the season packet)
- 12 oz. package frozen broccoli florets
Flank steak will come in one thin layer, with obvious grain running in one direction. It is IMPARATIVE that when you cut the strips you cut the beef across the grain. If you cut the beef strips with the grain you will never be able to chew through it!
You will start by cutting it in half with the grain so you have two smaller pieces. Then cut thin ¼ inch strips across the grain.
For this Instant Pot Ramen recipe you will want to purchase the Maruchan Ramen Noodles… you know the ones that are like $0.35 a package! You can purchase any flavor because you will not be using the season packet, just the noodles!
If you have not worked with fresh ginger before it can be a tricky little vegetable. You will want to start by peeling the brown skin from the knobs to reveal the yellow fragrant flesh underneath. I recommend using the edge of a spoon to peel the ginger. See the photos below:
The flesh of a ginger knob is very fibrous so you will want to make sure to dice it very fine.
How to Make Instant Pot Beef Ramen
This is such a simple Instant Pot Recipe! Start by prepping all your ingredients- cut the beef, peel and mince the ginger, chop the onions and garlic. I also recommend getting the frozen broccoli out at this time so it can start to thaw at room temp.
Turn you Instant Pot onto sauté mode, add the vegetable oil and when the pot reads “hot” soften the ginger, garlic and onions for 2 minutes.
Pour in the beef broth and scrape up and browned bits from the bottom. Turn off saute mode.
Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, Sambal Oelek, and brown sugar. Give it a good stir to combine. Add the sliced beef to the pot and stir it into the sauce.
Break the ramen noodles in half and place on top of the beef. Do not submerge the ramen or it will overcook.
Close the Instant Pot lid, turn the pressure valve to seal, and set to cook on high pressure for 1 minute. At the end of cooking do a quick release.
Open the pot and add the frozen broccoli. Give it a stir and close the lid back up for 5 minutes. The heat of the pot will thaw the broccoli perfectly!
Serve hot garnished with green onions and red pepper flakes!
Instant Pot Beef Ramen Recipe
Instant Pot Beef Ramen
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb (up to 1.5lbs.) Flank Steak cut in half with the grain and then cut into thin strips across the grain
- ½ cup white or yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp (heaping) fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek (Asian Chili Paste)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 packages Ramen noodles discard the season packet
- 12 oz frozen broccoli florets
- green onions, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes
- Start by prepping your ingredients: cut the beef in half with the grain and then slice it ACROSS the grain into ¼ inch thick slices. Peel and mince the ginger, dice the onions and chop the garlic. Also take your broccoli out of the freezer so it can thaw a little at room temp while the ramen cooks.
- Turn the Instant Pot on to sauté mode. When it reads "hot", add the oil and sauté the onions, garlic, and ginger for 2 minutes. Turn off sauté mode.
- Pour in the beef broth and scrape up any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pot. Add in the soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, sambal oelek, and brown sugar. Give it a stir to combine.
- Place the beef strips in the liquid and give it a stir.
- Break the ramen noodles in half and place on top of the beef (do not submerge the ramen in the liquid).
- Pop the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the pressure valve to seal. Set the pot to cook on high pressure for 1 minute.
- Do a quick release of pressure. Pour the frozen broccoli over the ramen and give the pot a quick stir. Place the lid back on the pot and close it up. Let the heat of the pot warm the frozen broccoli for 5 minutes.
- Open the pot and give it one more stir, making sure you mix in the liquid at the bottom of the pot.
- Serve hot topped with optional garnishes!
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.