One Pot Dutch Oven Lasagna
A super easy lasagna recipe that is made in one pot and is ready in under 1 hour! It is full of all the classic lasagna flavors that you love: pasta, sausage, basil, garlic, marinara sauce, and lots of cheese!
Servings 6 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 plump garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, sliced into bite size rounds about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage (pork or turkey, mild or hot)
- 1 tsp each- dried basil & dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp each- garlic powder & onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 1 cup water
- 10-12 oven ready lasagna noodles, broken into 3-4 pieces each
- 15 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 zucchini, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a Dutch Oven Pot (anywhere from 5-8 quarts in size), over medium heat, saute the onions, carrots, and garlic in oil until the onions soften, about 5 minutes.
Add the ground Italian sausage and crumble while cooking thru. Kitchen Tip: If you choose to use a pork sausage you will want to drain some of the oil from the pot before moving on to the next step.
Stir in the basil, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Pour the jar of marinara and 1 cup of water into the pot. Stir to combine all the ingredientsKitchen Tip: To get ALL the sauce out of the marinara jar, pour the 1 cup of water into the empty jar and shake it around, then pour it into the pot.
Tuck the broken lasagna noodles into the sauce, so that all pieces are covered with the sauce. See picture.
Using a spoon, dollop the ricotta cheese across the top of the lasagna. Sprinkle the zucchini across the top.See picture. Put the lid on the pot and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid, add the cheese across the top of the lasagna, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.If you like the cheese golden on the top you can broil the lasagna for just a minute or two.
Let the lasagna rest for 5 minutes before serving.