Instant Pot Taco Pasta
Taco Pasta recipe cooked in the Instant Pot for 4 minutes. This is an easy and delicious instant pot pasta recipe that makes a wonderful weeknight family dinner.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 4 minutes
Total Time 19 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 plump garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef, 85/15
- 1 cup bell pepper or poblano pepper, diced If you have extra use as a garnish
- 1/2 lb. medium shell pasta about 2 1/2 cups
- 12 oz bottle Insta-Meal TacoTaco Sauce
- 2 cups plus 2 T water, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped extra used for garnish
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese, can use cheddar, monterey jack, colby jack, or pepper jack extra used for garnish
- 1 fresh roma tomato, diced for garnish **Optional
With the Instant Pot on saute, soften the onions and garlic in the oil for a few minutes. Add the ground beef and crumble while cooking, for 5 minutes. Turn off saute mode and drain the grease. Add the beef and onions back to the pot. Stir in the peppers, pasta, Taco-Taco Sauce, chili powder, salt, and 2 cups water. Pour the 2T of water into the empty sauce bottle, swirl it around and pour it into the pot, this will ensure you get all the sauce out of the bottle. (flavor!!!) Stir all the ingredients together and lightly press the pasta so that it is all at least touching the liquid.Place the lid on the pot, lock the pressure valve to "seal", and set the pot for pressure mode, on high, for 4 minutes. Do a quick release of pressure. Stir in the black beans, corn, cilantro, and cheese. Let the pasta sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Instant Pot Taco Pasta
Garnish the pasta with additional cilantro, diced bell peppers, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, avocado, extra cheese, or sour cream (Greek yogurt). Any toppings that you like on a taco would work on this pasta too! Enjoy!