Rosemary Cauliflower Puree
Rosemary Cauliflower Puree makes an excellent side dish. This Cauliflower Mash makes a great substitute for traditional mashed potatoes.
Servings 6 people
- 1 Head of Cauliflower cored and chopped into florets
- 3 Garlic Cloves peeled
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- ⅓ cup Half & Half can use extra if you need more to blend properly
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt less if you have a small cauliflower
- Pepper to taste
- Optional* Extra Virgin Olive Oil for serving
Cut your cauliflower into smaller florets.
Boil the cauliflower and garlic cloves in salted water for 10 minutes, until the stems are fork tender. Drain.
Put the cooked cauliflower, garlic, salt, butter, half & half, and rosemary in a blender or food processor.
NOTE: make sure you vent your blender or food processor so the hot cauliflower doesn't pop the lid off and make a mess!!
Process until completely smooth. You may need to add a little extra half and half to get the cauliflower to puree smoothly.
Serve Immediately.Optional* drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil for a beautiful presentation.