CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS
A traditional recipe for classic deviled eggs using mayonnaise and mustard . A super easy recipe with tips for piping the filling into the eggs.
Servings 12 filled deviled egg
- 6 hard boiled eggs see notes for cooking your eggs in the Instant Pot or stove top
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon white vinegar up to ½ teaspoon for more zing
- salt to taste
- optional garnish- paprika chives, parsley
Hard boil 6 eggs, peel, and cut in half from top to bottom. Remove the yolks and place in a bowl.
Using the back side of a fork mash the egg yolks until they are a fine crumble.
Add mayo, mustard, sugar, vinegar, and salt to the yolks and stir until smooth and well combined.
Fill a disposable ziplock baggie with the yolk mixture. Clip one corner tip (small) of the baggie. Pipe the yolk mixture into the cooked egg whites.
Garnish with paprika, chives, or parsley.
For stove top hard boiled eggs:
For Instant Pot hard boiled eggs:
5-5-5 Instant Pot hard boiled eggs
- Place 6-12 eggs in a pot and cover with water, plus an additional 1-2 inches of water above the eggs.
- Bring the pot to a rolling boil.
- Turn the heat off but keep the pot on the hot burner. Leave the eggs in the hot water for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain the water and run cold water (you can add ice too) to stop the eggs from cooking.
Serving: 2deviled eggs