Instant Pot Queso
Instant Pot Queso is a delicious cheese dip that is made of Velveeta Blanco, cream cheese, and Rotel tomatoes- all cooked in your Electric Pressure Cooker! Just add tortilla chips.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 10 people
- 1 yellow or white onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 10 oz cans Rotel tomatoes (do not drain)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 lb block Velveeta Queso Blanco cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
Turn the Instant Pot on to "normal" saute function. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pot. Saute the finely diced yellow or white onion and the 3 minced garlic cloves until they are softened, about 5-8 minutes.
Stir in the rotel Tomatoes and stir to warm.
Turn the pot on to "low" saute mode by pressing the saute button until the display screen reads "low" or "less". Stir in 8 oz cream cheese until it is completely melted.
Stir in half of the cubed Velveeta Queso Blanco and stir until it is almost melted. Add the other half of the Velveeta and stir until it is all completely melted.
Add the 1/2 cup chopped cilantro.
Turn the pot on to "low" or "less" keep warm mode.
Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Half the Recipe:
If you want to make Queso Dip for a smaller crowd or just need some cheese sauce to go over burritos, you can absolutely half this recipe. Just cut all the ingredients in half, except I would still use all the garlic & onions!
Storing & Reheating:
Store cooled leftover queso in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
You can reheat it in the microwave or Instant Pot:
- Microwave- reheat each portion for about 30 seconds, stir, then heat for an additional 30 seconds.
- Instant Pot- Place the cold queso in the Instant Pot. Turn the pot on to "low" saute function. Add 1/4 cup milk. Stir until it is heated through.