BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken pizza is a great combo of smoky sweet barbecue sauce, chicken, spicy red onions, fresh cilantro, and mozzarella cheese. It makes a great weeknight dinner or a super addition to a football game watch party!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 27 minutes
Servings 8 pizza slices
- 1 12" store bought pizza crust original or thin
- 1/3 cup (heaping) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Thinly sliced red onion- desired amount
- Spices: Garlic Powder, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, and Pepper
- 1 large chicken breast fully cooked, sliced
Preheat the oven to 425.
Place the pizza crust on a sheet pan or pizza pan. Top with barbecue sauce and spread it evenly across the crust, leaving a 1 inch border around the edge.
Spread the chicken evenly across the pizza. Top with the shredded cheese.
Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add red pepper flakes if you like a little spice.
Finish the pizza by adding the red onion and cilantro.
Place the pizza in the oven, if you like a crisper crust place the pizza directly on the oven rack.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the crust is golden and crisp and the cheese melted and bubbly.
Let rest a few minutes before slicing.