This Vegetable Beef Soup is Whole30 compliant but is delicious enough to eat even if you aren’t following the Whole30 Lifestyle Diet. It is an excellent Whole30 soup that is full of ground beef, potatoes, carrots, green beans, and herbs. You can make it on the stove top or for a really quick hands off approach you can make it in your Instant Pot!
If you are not following Whole30 you can also check out this Instant Pot Hamburger Soup recipe that is just about the same!
What is Whole30
Whole30 is considered a lifestyle diet, similar to keto, paleo or low carb, that is done in 30 day increments. We have found it a great way to reset our bodies and metabolism without changing your diet FOREVER. I can handle a restrictive diet for 30 days!
The basic guidelines are:
- no sugar – real or artificial
- no alcohol
- no grains or most forms of legumes
- no dairy
- eat all the veggies, fruit and protein for 30 days
Whole30 Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe
Whole30 Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium sized yellow or white onion diced
- 3 fresh garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped (can sub thyme)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5-6 yukon gold potatoes 1 inch dice
- 1 cup carrots, cut 1 inch
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes , not drained! can use hot rotel tomatoes for a little spice!
- 32 oz beef broth
- 1 cups frozen green beans up to 1 ½ cups
Instant Pot Instructions
- Turn the IP onto saute mode. Brown the beef, crumbling it while it cooks, drain any extra grease. Add the 1 chopped onion, 3 chopped garlic cloves, and tablespoon of rosemary and saute for another minute.
- Add the 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, 1 ½ tablespoon coconut aminos, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 5-6 diced potatoes, 1 cup cut carrots, can of diced tomatoes, and beef broth. Pop the lid on and lock the pressure valve to "seal". Set to cook on soup mode for 4 minutes.
- After the cook is done, release the pressure by turning the pressure valve on top. Once the pin drops open the lid and stir in the 1 – 1.5 cups frozen green beans. The soup will be hot enough to cook them through.
Stove Top Instructions
- In a large pot over medium heat brown the ground beef, crumbling while it cooks. Drain any excess grease.
- Add the 1 chopped onion, 3 chopped garlic cloves, and tablespoon of rosemary and saute for another couple minutes.
- Add the 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, 1 ½ tablespoon coconut aminos, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 5-6 diced potatoes, 1 cup cut carrots, can of diced tomatoes, and 32 oz beef broth. Give it a good stir to mix. Let the soup simmer until the carrots and potatoes are cooked through (fork tender), about 15 minutes.
- Take the soup off the heat and stir in the frozen green beans.
- To store the soup, place the completely cooled soup in an airtight container. Place in the fridge for up to 5 days
- You can also freeze the soup for a longer shelf life. Place the completely cooled soup in a freezer safe airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.