Instant Pot BBQ Meatballs are tender and juicy meatballs full of BBQ flavor. They cook quickly in the Instant Pot, making them an easy dinner for any night of the week. They are also a delicious appetizer for a party or holiday.
We love these meatballs served with mashed potatoes and peas!
If you would rather make BBQ Meatballs in the oven, pop over to this recipe for Best Baked BBQ Meatballs.
If meatballs are a favorite definitely check out the Instant Pot Italian Meatballs or Instant Pot Turkey Meatballs!
Ground Beef for BBQ Meatballs
For these Instant Pot meatballs I would recommend using 85/15 ground beef. It still has enough fat to give you that delicious juicy flavor, but not as fatty as 80/20. You can also use 93/7 ground beef, it will just be a little leaner than the 85/15.
You can use 80/20 but the meatballs will shrink quite a bit as the fat melts out of the beef.
BBQ Sauce for Instant Pot Meatballs
One reason you will love this BBQ Meatball recipe is because you are not making your own BBQ sauce. Just use your favorite store bought or restaurant sauce.
This way you can have your meatballs sweet, spicy, smoky, vinegary… however you like. And you add as much sauce as you like!
Step by Step Instructions
To make Instant Pot BBQ Meatballs start by mixing all the meatball ingredients, using clean hands, in a mixing bowl. Do not overmix the beef or you will have tough meatballs.
Form the mixture into your preferred meatball size.
- For entrée size meatballs use about 2 tablespoons+ of beef mixture per meatball, which will give you around 12-15 meatballs.
- For appetizer size use 1 tablespoon of beef mixture, which will give you around 18-22 meatballs.
In the Instant Pot pour in 1 cup of water, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Put the metal trivet over the liquid. Place the meatballs on the trivet in one or two layers.
Lock the lid in place and cook on meat/stew mode, high pressure, for 7 minutes. Do a 5 minute natural release and then finish releasing the pressure with a quick release.
Preheat your oven broiler. Place the cooked meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet and cover them in your preferred BBQ sauce. You can dip, pour, or brush on the BBQ sauce.
Place the pan in the oven for 5 minutes so the BBQ sauce caramelizes to the meatballs and warms thru.
Time to serve!
BBQ Meatballs for Dinner
BBQ Meatballs make an excellent dinner entrée. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes or baked potatoes and a veggie like green beans, asparagus or peas..
If you are watching carbs you could also serve it with cauliflower rice or my Rosemary Cauliflower Puree instead of potatoes. Or if you love sweet potatoes check out my Savory Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe.
BBQ Meatball Appetizer
These Instant Pot BBQ Meatballs also make a great party or holiday appetizer. Simply form the meatballs a little smaller so they are bite sized and continue with the recipe as written!
More Meatballs & Related Recipes
Did you make this recipe?!
If you make this recipe I would love to hear your review. Pop down to the comment section and connect with me.
Then sign up for our Weekly Newsletter so you never miss a new recipe!
Instant Pot BBQ Meatballs
BBQ Meatball Mixture
- 1-1.5 lbs. Ground Beef 85/15
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon each: garlic powder, onion powder
Instant Pot Liquid
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½-3/4 cup Favorite store bought BBQ Sauce
- Lightly mix all the meatball ingredients together in a mixing bowl with clean hands.
- Form the meatballs into desired size:entree size- 2+ tablespoons of beef mixture per meatball – this will give you about 12-15 meatballs.appetizer size- 1 tablespoon of beef mixture per meatball- this will give you about 18-22 meatballs.
- In the bottom of the Instant Pot combine all the Instant Pot liquids.Set the metal trivet over the liquid.
- Place the meatballs on the trivet in one or two layers.
- Close the pot and lock the pressure vent to seal. Set the pot to cook on high, meat/stew mode, for 7 minutes. Do a 5 minute natural release and then finish with a quick release of the pressure.
- Preheat the oven broiler. Place the meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet and cover the meatballs with BBQ sauce (pour, dunk, or brush on). Place under the broiler for 5 minutes to caramelize the bbq sauce.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
These Instant Pot meatballs are the BESTTT!
Meatballs in the Instant Pot?! GAME changer!! Thank you for this amazing recipe!
These are stunning! Perfect easy fall dinner idea… SAVING!
Lauren Grant | Zestful Kitchen
Oh my, these look so saucy and delicious! A great excuse for me to get my Instant Pot out! 🙂