If there is one soup recipe that you want in your arsenal it is a really good Broccoli Cheese Soup. Even better if it is an easy recipe, right!?
This recipe for Easy Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup is one that you can put in your recipe book and go back to again and again. It is made with uncomplicated ingredients and doesn’t take a lot of time to whip up.
To make this Broccoli Cheese Soup you just chop up some onion, fresh broccoli, and carrots. Add some chicken base and water. Whisk in a can of cream of celery soup and just a smidge of heavy cream. Stir in some shredded cheese until it melts and you are ready to eat! Simple and delicious!
Easy Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup for Dinner
I love having Broccoli Cheese soup for dinner. It is so easy to make and it is a crowd pleaser. Usually when we have soup for dinner we keep it really simple and just serve a little warmed up ciabatta or baguette. If it’s been a long day and we want a little more we’ll have it Panera style with a little salad: either a store bought bag mix, like a chop salad or kale cranberry salad, or just a homemade caesar.
Mom’s Dinner Soup Recipes
If you like this soup recipe, here are a few others to try from Mom’s Dinner:
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Sausage & Kale Potato Soup
- Classic Chili
- Instant Pot Steak Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup
I hope you give this recipe for Easy Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup a try in your kitchen.
Save the recipe for Easy Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup for later. Pin it here:
EASY HOMEMADE BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 cups fresh broccoli roughly chop the florets and about an inch of the stems into small pieces
- 1 onion chopped into small dice
- 1 cup fresh carrots peeled and chopped into small dice
- 5 cups water
- 3 tsp chicken base **see notes
- 10¾ oz can cream of celery soup
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese I use Velveeta Shreds, original
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- In a large pot cook the onions, carrots, and salt in the oil, over medium heat, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium high. Add the broccoli, water, and chicken base and simmer until the broccoli is fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium low and stir in the cream of celery soup until it is fully incorporated.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- Add the cheese, one cup at a time, stirring until it is all completely melted.